Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Pageviews

What a difference it makes to get a link from Instapundit yesterday, and then from NRO's The Corner today. (I.e., today and yesterday saw about 8 to 12 times as much traffic as normal around here.)

Also interesting is how many government employees have been visiting my blog during these two days -- the site has gotten many hits from the U.S. Courts, the Department of Justice, the Executive Office of the President, and most other federal agencies. At first I thought, "My goodness, what a drag on productivity," but then I realized that it's probably a Pareto improvement all the way around. I get the satisfaction of having lots of important people paying attention to my thoughts; the government officials and employees get the educational benefit that naturally attends any reading of my writings; and the public at large benefits when government employees spend their time visiting my site, as opposed to whatever mischief they would otherwise be doing.*


*Just kidding, just kidding. Some of my best friends are federal employees. No, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home